In addition to the discussions of the most recent experimental data and
theoretical principles in all areas related to nuclear and
radiochemistry, the Symposium will also focus on the future frontiers of
research in the field. The scientific programme will consist of a series
of invited plenary and keynote lectures followed by presentations of
invited and contributed papers in oral and poster sessions. The
scientific programme of the symposium has been developed in consultation
with the APSORC-IC. The major topics of the symposium include:
1. Nuclear reactions (including fission), nuclear
decay/structure, and radioactive isotope beams.
2. Sciences of actinide, heavy and superheavy elements.
3. Nuclear analytical techniques using neutrons, ions, X-rays,
synchrotron radiation, etc.
4. Applications of nuclear & radiochemical techniques in life
sciences; nanomaterial sciences, environmental sciences, archaeological
sciences, geo- and cosmo-sciences, isotopic battery, etc.
5. Nuclear probes in new material sciences: Mössbauer, perturbed
angular correlations, positron annihilation, etc.
6. Radiopharmaceutical chemistry (including Tc chemistry) &
7. Nuclear energy chemistry, including fuel reprocessing, nuclear
reactor chemistry, uranium conversion, waste management and disposal,
8. Environmental radiochemistry (including nuclides migration)
9. Radiochemical separation methods and chemical speciation;
radiation dosimetry and metrology.
10. Issues on education of nuclear & radiochemistry.